– That cross you wear around your neck;
is it only a decoration, or are you a
true Christian believer?
– Yes, I believe – truly
– Then I want you to remove it at once!
– and never to wear it within this castle
Do you know how a falcon is trained my dear?
Her eyes are sown shut.
Blinded temporarily she suffers the whims of
her God patiently, until her will is
submerged and she learns to serve –
as your God taught and blinded you with
– You had me take off my cross because it
– It offended no-one. No – it simply appears
to me to be discourteous to… to wear
the symbol of a deity long dead.
– My ancestors tried to find it. And to open
the door that separates us from our Creator.
– But you need no doors to find God.
If you believe….
– Believe?! If you believe you are gullible.
Can you look around this world and believe
in the goodness of a god who rules it?
Famine, Pestilence, War, Disease and Death!
They rule this world.
– There is also love and life and hope.
– Very little hope I assure you.
No. If a god of love and life ever did
exist… he is long since dead.
Someone… something rules in his place.